“We”, “our”, “us” or “Activ” refers to the activity provider Activ Fun Days, a trading name of Activ Social Enterprise Ltd.
“You”, “your” or “you’re” refers to the person making this booking. They may also be the “responsible adult” for the event.
“Supervising adult” refers to the person making this booking or chosen by the person making the booking to supervise groups of children during the event.
“Participant” refers to any body engaging in an activity provided by Activ Fun Days. “Groups” or “groups of participants” shall be considered accordingly.
“Event” refers to any service provided by Activ Fun Days. This may include, but is not limited to, a birthday party, Archery Tag/Archery/Body Zorbs session, inflatable hire or a challenge day.
When making a booking with us at Activ Fun Days, a trading name of Activ Social Enterprise Ltd, we feel that it is very important that we come to an agreement. This agreement allows us to know what can be expected from the other party in certain situations from the start of our journey together, right up until the event finishes with everyone safe, happy and exhausted! Once you have ticked the box to say ‘Yes, I have read the agreement and am happy to continue on this journey!’ and have submitted your booking then you are agreeing to our terms and conditions below, and we can both be confident in the course that this journey will take.
By accepting this agreement we can be assured that you are:
- at least 18 years old
- legally capable of entering binding contracts.
2. BOOKING & PAYMENT
- All bookings will be confirmed via email once the 50% non-refundable deposit has been paid. The amount of this deposit will be outlined in the invoice issued by Activ Fun Days.
- To ensure that the event actually goes ahead however full payment must be received by Activ Fun Days at least 10 days prior to the intended date.
- We accept payment by cheque, credit or debit card and BACs transfer.
3. CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
- If you need to change or cancel your booking with us then please let us know in writing as soon as possible.
- Changes and cancellations require considerable administration time and may incur costs with the venues that we have booked for your event, as well as require us to honour our cancellation and loss of earnings agreement with our staff. The initial deposit is therefore non-refundable.
- If you choose to cancel within the 10 days leading up to the event Activ have the right to retain the full payment for the event.
- Should you cancel your event eleven days or more in advance you will be refunded all monies minus the non-refundable deposit.
- In extreme and very unfortunate circumstances Activ Fun Days may need to cancel an event. In this situation we will do our best to give at least 14 days notice and an alternative date for the event. If not, you will be refunded the full amount for the event cancelled.
- Refunds will be made via the same method of payment you used whilst booking.
- We display the cost of a number of packages on our website, these do not include venue hire or transport outside of the London Orbital (M25). There may also be additional costs due to considerations including but not limited to generator hire, additional staffing, parking fees and extensive travel.
- Activ Fun Days will outline the costs payable by you in the invoice. Once the Deposit stated in this deposit has paid we will not change these costs unless to reflect any change requested by you.
- If there is a clear error in the displayed prices on our website or any marketing material please let us know. We will not be able to provide you with our services at this incorrect rate and you will be asked to pay the difference to fully confirm your booking.
- At present we do not charge you the credit or debit transaction commision rates, however we do reserve the right to do so.
- If you pay by cheque and this cheque bounces you will be charged a £20 fee that will be used to cover the bank charges and our administration costs.
5. ACTIVITIES AND SAFETY
- We always make sure that our website and advertising accurately reflects our available activities. However, inevitably, the availability of certain activities is dependent on the venue, weather, ground staff’s advice and other circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any restrictions or changes at the time of enquiry, booking or site visit.
- Activ Fun Days works hard to ensure the safety and care of all participants, and this includes a thorough, on-going risk assessment process for all activities.
- By accepting this agreement you give consent for you and your guest to take part in a variety of activities, as agreed in our pre event planning these may well include adventurous activities such as motor sports, rock climbing, archery, Archery Tag, Body Zorbs, trust games, orienteering, swimming and inflatables, and that participating in any of these activities is done at their own risk.
- In regard to rock climbing, you consent to the British Mountaineering Club (BMC) participation statement: “The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement”.
- Specialist protective equipment will be provided for rock climbing, motor sports and archery, but sturdy footwear (i.e. no crocs, flip flops or ballet pumps) must be brought to the event and worn by participants in these activities. Children may not be allowed to participate if they do not have appropriate footwear.
6. PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
- Activ Fun Days staff will take photos and video footage throughout the event for use in promotional materials by Activ Social Enterprise Ltd.
- Please let us know at our Head Office if you have any objections to any of the participants in the event being in these photos or videos.
7. CONSENT AND SUPERVISION
- 48 hours prior to the event Activ Fun Days should have received all required consent forms. These must also include all relevant information (including details of participant’s allergies, illnesses, medical conditions or other specific requirements).
- High risk activities, including but not limited to Archerty Tag & Body Zorbs, will require one consent form signed by each individual participant or their legal guardian. Activ Fun Days will not be able to permit those who have not signed the consent form to join in the activity in question.
- Group activities, such as birthday parties, require a group consent form to be signed on behalf of all named participants by you, the person who has made the booking. Any child not included in the list of participants will not be allowed to join in until added to the list or we are notified in writing.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all children attending an event are appropriately supervised at all times. Children under the age of four attending an Activ Fun Days event must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18) at all times.
- You should arrange prompt collection of all children to ensure extra fees do not have to be paid to the venue and to ensure Activ Fun Days staff can pack down and leave at the appropriate hour.
8. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Activ Fun Days aim to be entirely inclusive, however, to do this we need to know the requirements of each participant so that we can provide the best possible service and care for them. As stated above, consent forms must include all relevant information (including details of participant’s allergies, illnesses, medical conditions or other specific requirements).
- If we deem a participant too ill to attend the event, especially where we feel their illness may be contagious, we reserve the right to send them home or cancel their booking.
- Participants should appropriately prepare themselves for vigorous and strenuous activity by maintaining hydrated and energised. Participants should also warm up prior to the event in order to avoid injury.
- Participants should protect themselves appropriately from the elements. Exposure to extreme heat may cause sunburn and/or heat stroke/exhaustion. Exposure to extreme cold may result in hypothermia.
9. FIRST AID
- In the event of an accident an Activ Fun Days staff member will administer first aid and, if necessary, call the emergency services.
- For those prescribed an adrenaline auto-injector (i.e. Emerade, EpiPen, Jext), please ensure you note this on the consent form. In accordance with government healthcare recommendations, participants should have access to more than one device whilst on the event. If no adrenaline auto-injector is provided and yet the consent form states that it is necessary the person in question will not be allowed to partake in the event.
- All essential medication, including all adrenaline auto-injectors, should be kept safe by the participant or supervising adult.
10. INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
- Activ Fun Days insurance is provided by Activities Industry Mutual and includes Employers’ Liability of £10,000,000 and Public and Products Liability of £5,000,000
- Activ Fun Days does not accept any liability for personal injury or sickness, or the death of any person, unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its staff.
- Activ Fun Days will not take responsibility for the loss or damage of any items of personal property brought onto the event. Our insurance does not cover personal items.
- Activ Fun Days encourages all participants, parents and guardians to have appropriate insurance in place for personal injury, personal possessions and booking insurance.
- Any negative behaviours displayed by participants, e.g. bullying, aggression, disruption, racism, sexism, will be dealt with with zero tolerance and the individual or group concerned may be excluded from activities and/or the event. No refund will be given in this incidence.
- You shall comply, and ensure that the group complies with all reasonable instructions from Activ Fun Days’ staff members. Refusal to comply with these instructions may result in the event being cancelled without refund.
- Any damage to Activ Fun Days’ equipment that is as a result of instructions being ignored, purposefully or not, and deliberate destructive behaviour will be charged to you.
11. CLIENT FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- At Activ Fun Days our aim is to provide the highest quality care and experience within the community. We continually look to adapt and change our practice for the better.
- Your feedback can really help us to do this so please contact us with any thoughts at any time.
- At Activ Fun Days we take complaints extremely seriously and can almost always resolve them. However, we need to know as soon as possible so that we can follow them up immediately.
- If you are on site and have a complaint please direct your complaint to the lead instructor. If you are unsatisfied by their response please contact Will Lacey, Activ Fun Days manager, via our head office.
12. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- As is the trend in this modern day, nearly all of our communications and written information will be electronic.
- This agreement means that you accept that any information provided electronically holds the same legal standing as if it were in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
13. DATA PROTECTION
- Your details will be kept safe and only ever used in regard to future events run by Activ Social Enterprise Ltd. Please let head office know if you would like to opt out of future emails.
14. EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Activ Fun Days is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all participants regardless of gender, ability, race or religion.
- Each participant within our community is as important as the next and we will ensure that they receive equal access opportunity.
15. CHILD PROTECTION
- Activ Fun Days has a legal obligation to report any suggestion of child abuse or neglect and will do so immediately.
16. SPECIAL NEEDS
- It is our policy not to exclude any participant due to special needs, wherever possible. The needs of every person varies, so decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the level of support each individual participant may require to enable them to access the activity in question.
- Please contact our Head Office to discuss how we can support.
For further information please contact Activ Fun Days on:
A: 1 Union Court, Richmond, TW9 1AA.
Activ Fun Day v1.0
Please contact us if you would like our booking terms and conditions in a larger font.